[olug] DNS recommendation?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Nov 6 15:04:13 UTC 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 10:34 AM, <thelarsons3 at cox.net> wrote:
> I've heard that BIND is big, slow, and a security risk.  Is this true?

BIND has never failed me. I've never needed any other, and BIND has
always been there, ready to go on every distro I've ever used. Why not
learn such a simple and ubiquitous tool?

Unless you're an ISP I predict your time and energy spent leaving BIND
won't buy you any noticeable improvement for any metric. If the R&D is
fun, feel free. I'd still learn BIND first if I were you so you have
the knowledge to tweak what you'll find by default on the vast majority
of servers you run into.