[olug] Another streaming audio source for ya

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Mon Mar 8 03:56:46 UTC 2004

I recieved some good feedback from my last post on online streaming audio
sources; here is another for you. I had already heard about this from
Leo's blog; but this story was found on the latest TOURBUS mailing list
(Volume 9, Number 35 -- 4 Mar 2004 (http://www.TOURBUS.com)) and thought I
would share.

Enjoy!

(start quote)
Leo Laporte on KFI
Audience: Everyone with Windows Media Player

I tend to spend my weekends either standing in line at Disneyland or
curled up in bed watching Tivo.  But on those rare occasions that I'm
chained to my computer or stuck in a southern California traffic jam on a
Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I make it a point to listen to Leo Laporte's
new show on KFI.

Leo is pretty famous in the technology industry, hosting both The Screen
Savers [http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/index.html/] and Call for Help
[http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/index.html/] on cable's TechTV network.
 Since Leo has no discernable social life, on the days he isn't on TechTV
he hosts a live, call-in computer show on Los Angeles' KFI AM 640.  Leo's
only been doing the radio show since January, but the show's good enough
that I fully expect it to be syndicated nationally.  Until that day comes,
though, if you have Windows Media Player on your PC or Mac, you can listen
to Leo's show live on the Internet at

    http://www.kfi640.com/interactive/streaming.html

Just click on the link at the top of the page.  A pop-up window will
appear and about 30 seconds later you should start hearing KFI on your
computer's speakers.

Leo's show is broadcast from Noon to 3:00 PM Pacific time (GMT -8) every
Saturday and Sunday.  [You can see the rest of KFI's programming schedule
at http://www.kfi640.com/prog/schedule.html.]

And, if you can't wait until Saturday or Sunday, Leo offers both detailed
show notes from and even a free, MP3 audio archive of his most recent KFI
shows at

    http://leo.typepad.com/radio/

Just click on one of the shows in the Recent Posts column on the left side
of the page, scroll down a bit, and look for the "Show Archives" table.
As I write this post, MP3 audio archives of shows 10 through 16 are
available.  There's a week lag between when a show airs and when the MP3
archives are available, so MP3s of last weekend's shows—- shows 17
and 18--will be posted this weekend.

(end quote)

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson