[olug] ASUS and Linux

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 04:11:12 UTC 2004

Didn't know that...then again, I didn't really look
either.  Just went off what was said in the article.

<quote>
Sure, all to many hardware manufacturers and software
publishers do not support Linux and/or open source
software. We hate to see that, but it is
understandable.
</quote>

Ooops...a little off on my paraphrasing, but the idea
was there.  Oh well.

> Nonsense. I have some of the A7V-333 boards at work,
> and Asus has Linux
> drivers *on their web site* if you want to work too
> hard and not let
> your distro auto-detect the hardware. Ditto for some
> P4P8X and P4G8X P4
> motherboards I have here at home. And some Dell
> Dimensions I have at
> work (reportedly Asus is the OEM for some of their
> motherboards).

> Phil Brutsche
> phil at brutsche.us

=====
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   -- Benjamin Franklin