[olug] FYI: July CSF Meeting

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Thu Jul 15 23:06:16 UTC 2004

FYI:

Subject: [csf-announce] July CSF Meeting

Greetings, Fellow Information Security Professional!

Omaha's Cyber Security Forum welcomes you!  July's meeting is at
11:30 a.m. on Wednesday the 21st and regular meetings will continue to be
held on the third Wednesday of each month.  Details are as follows:

Note #1: Please try to be there at 11:30 so we can place our orders and
         everybody can get their food promptly.

Note #2: There will NOT be an August CSF since NEbraskaCERT conference 2004
         is our main activity for the month of August.  The CSFs will
resume
         in September.

WHAT:   Omaha's Cyber Security Forum
TOPIC:  Patch Management
BY:  Ron Woerner Security Analyst, Conagra Foods, Inc
WHO:  All Nebraska/Iowa Information Security Professionals
WHEN:  Wednesday, 21st July, 11:30 am - 01:00 pm
WHERE:  Johnny's Cafe 4702 South 27th Street, Omaha NE
WHY:  To share information with like-minded professionals
    (and to share a FREE lunch provided you RSVP!)
HOW:  YOU MUST RSVP to csfrsvp at nebraskacert.org and provide
    your name, company, phone and email address by
    Close Of Business Monday 19, July.
    for identifying "bugs" and other vulnerabilities and implementing
security measures such as patches to reduce risks associated with
them.

If those of you who have access to lists of interested individuals would
pass this message along, it would be appreciated!

I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Sincerely,

George L. McMullin II
Executive Director
NEbraskaCERT, Inc.
P.O. Box 825
Bellevue, NE 68005-0825
george.mcmullin at nebraskacert.org
Phone 402.551.9817
Fax   402.551.9819
www.nebraskacert.org

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson