[olug] dynamic DNS at home

Tim - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Tue Feb 17 22:01:51 UTC 2004

Angery IP scanner, in a windows tool that kinda does what you want, it polls
an IP range and tried to resolve NetBios names, it's pretty lightweight and
doesn't have to be 'installed' - you just run it.
http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/

Otherwise nmap would get you pretty close:
nmap -sT -I -O -v -R 192.168.100.*
or
nmap -sS -sR -O -v -R 192.168.100.*

Though I don't think either of these will quite get you exactly what you
want - which is probably some sort of DNS server.

I think you're basically going to have to resort to fingerprinting.

Nessus would be another option.

-t