[olug] knoppix xfree86 errors - _LoaderFileToMem() read() failed

K.J. Kirwan kjk_elec at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 9 20:00:32 UTC 2004

I would like to second this.

I did four installs (Mandrake 9.2) recently on four different machines
(all been previously running Mandrake 9.1 with no problems), and I
got three X-no-starts.  Errors all different, and I'm not an "X-pert",
so I'm not really sure what the displayed errors are telling me.
I was wondering if there are any X troubleshooting FAQs available?
Maybe something like:
First see if "A" is working by doing "1",
Then check if "B" is working by doing "2", etc.

If anyone has any ideas on this I think Brian and I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Kim

--
K.J. Kirwan