[olug] Belkin KVM switch problems

gregory w zill gregory at r3g.net
Wed Dec 29 13:03:59 UTC 2004

Ah, yes, the dreaded KVM monster. KVM works by emulation. The stps I have
used include starting out by getting a machine to work with the desired
keyboard, mouse and monitor separate from the KVM. Once that is established,
then attach these items with the KVM as the only machine connected. Once that
is established, add one machine at a time to the KVM. While you are adding
there are various options of powering machine and or KVM panel to get
newly added machine to work. This will depend on how robust the KVM might
be. I have Solaris/Linux on the KVM and *had* to go through this arduous
process after nearly chucking the KVM cause I thought it would not work at
all. Good luck!

+----------------- obligatory fortune-cookie ------------------+
Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny--
	Did you ever try buying them without money?
		-- Ogden Nash