[olug] OLUG May meeting & other events reminder

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Fri Apr 30 01:36:39 UTC 2004

Reminder: The next OLUG meeting will be held on the first Tuesday of May
2004 (4 May 2004) with the following agenda:

First, our presentation:  CVS and/or/vs Subversion / cvs.olug.org, by Jay
Hannah, Omaha Perl Mongers

Back in September 2003 there was a thread about CVS & Subversion on the
OLUG list serve. For some of us, this is all greek and have no idea what
Jay & the rest were talking about. Bill
Kempf & Mac Petras also asked if someone could present on the topic. So I
emailed & asked Jay to do a presentation on subject. Talking on the phone
with him this morning he agreed. When we talked last fall he stated his
emphasis would be on *using* them for programmer/admin purposes, not on
installing/configuring on 32 different platforms. This should be an
interesting topic, while giving us exposure to another application that
can run on Linux.

For further info:
http://www.cvshome.org/
http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/
http://subversion.tigris.org/
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Jay Hannah is one of the influential Omaha Perl Mongers
[http://omaha.pm.org/] and works to keep one of those hotel call centers
out in West Omaha operational. There is rumors that he is involved in a
plethora or other projects, but we will let him tell us about those. He
has a lovely Macintosh notebook, so he can not be all that bad. =)

Second: Recap from InfoTec & preparations for the Installfest

Third: OLUG Q & A
Have a question? Problem? Something still not working after the Install
fest? Bring them up during the OLUG Q & A!

After meeting: OLUG SIG-BEER and SIG-COFFEE

SIG-BEER at The Old Dundee
49th & Dodge (next to the Dundee Theater)
http://www.barmeister.com/cgi-bin/bar.view.pl?bar=96

SIG-COFFEE (for those who want a coffee & hate bars):
Blue Line
4924 Underwood (In the Dundee area), Omaha
Here is an article from the UNO Gateway on the venue:
http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/30/3f78c3d4e8bba

See you all at the meeting, or at the SIG gatherings! If you have any
questions, contact me off list.

Other notes:
Luncheon with a Penguin: 11:30 AM on the 3rd Friday of the month, meet
everyone at China Buffet (114th near Dodge) or Clancy's (Pacific near
72nd). Be sure to wear your penguin suits (or other geek gear) so others
can find you.
OLUG FAQ on Luncheon with a Penguin:
http://olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=6&categories=Special+Interest+Groups+-+SIGs#25

Where & when is the OLUG meetings held? Read the FAQ:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=Meetings

Check out the updated information and guidelines on the OLUG mailing list:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=8&categories=OLUG+mailing+list

Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson
Omaha Linux User's Group (OLUG)
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?
An often repeated quote on news.admin.net-abuse.email:
<I>
"Spam is not about content, it is about consent".
</i>