[olug] Digital Cameras and Linux

IrishMASMS IrishMASMS at olug.org
Tue Mar 4 04:42:00 UTC 2003

<quote who="Mike Hostetler">
> My wife is 8 weeks preganant and, amount the other things that are on
> our list to purchase is a digital camera (don't ask me how I got a tech
> budget in, cuz I'm not sure how!).
>
> I've done a little research, and the best advice I've found is to find a
> camera in the middle price range.  Does anyone here have any advice?
> What kind of cameras have good quality, good features, and work with
> Linux (the main OS in our house)?
>

> --
> Mike Hostetler <thehaas at binary.net>

Condolences/congratulations on the spawning – whatever you, the happy
couple would like. ;)  Heartfelt wishes everything goes well & turns out
how you desire.

I have had some good success searching the reviews on Cnet
[http://cnet.search.com/search?timeout=3&q=digital+cameras] and PCWorld
[http://search.pcworld.com]. Both sites have a current top ten
recommendations of cameras. There is also a couple of articles on what to
look for and a shopping guide.

I compared Cnet and PC Worlds top ten list to come up with a CDRW drive in
my price range; and am satisfied with the purchase.

Irish

--
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?