[olug] Erros using Zonet KVM Switch

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 20:37:57 UTC 2003

--- Craig Wolf <cjwolf at mpsomaha.org> wrote:
> I have a Belkin also, 4-port.  Pay the extra money
> to get one with a power brick.  I did not get the
> powered one and it will get a little "funky" when
> switching on me, but it always starts working after
> a few seconds of figuring out the mouse and keyboard
> are REALLY there.

(***Sigh***)  I'm typing this from the lobby of DIT
while they look over this Zonet KVM box.  The guy
tested it out on a windows box and said it works, what
is wrong with it.  I told him he needs to test it on a
Linux box.

But it says 'works with linux on the box'...

I guess you can't believe everythign you read, so I'm
off to CompUSA to try a Belkin KVM.

Plus, since I opened the box, there is a 10%
restocking fee...ouch!!!  This hurst a meiser like me.

So the moral of this story is don't use Zonet KVM, if
your running Linux.

-Chris

=====
GTFG