[olug] Erros using Zonet KVM Switch

Nathan Rotschafer (Hotmail.com) writetogenius at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:47:19 UTC 2003

Actually to clarify I have a Belkin that works fine under red hat but not any
other distro.  Now the problem is that mine is NOT powered.  The constant
power keeps X thinking there is a mouse there and is supposed to fix the
problem; however, when I tried a power brick on my Belkin it still failed to
solve the problem and another member of OLUG has a Belkin KVM that has the
same problem in X.  The two solutions I found is:

1) Don't use a KVM with linux which is just insane and
2) When you switch and come back switch to your virtual console 1 (Alt-Ctrl-1)
and then go to virtual console 7 which is the X console (Alt-Ctrl-7) and that
fixes it.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Thanks,
Nate Rotschafer

P.S. This is written on my Dell Inspiron 8100 with Gentoo Linux 1.4rc4 :-)