[olug] $27 IBM thin clients (model#8361-110)

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Thu Dec 18 03:55:16 UTC 2003

Same concept Mat as the old ibm dumb terms, but they use ethernet(IP)
instead of serial and it runs a local X server instead of text only. In
essence these are what the [1]ltsp project is trying to mimic, run apps
and have storage on central server, but have a display locally. I have a
few older HP models similar to this. they will need at the very least...

[2]a dhcp OR a bootp server ( most xterm's will suppurt either, and
setup varies ) for network config
a tftpserver to serve the boot mages
an X server[3]

[1] http://www.ltsp.org
[2] some xterms will allow static ip config, my HP will
[3] any X server capable of accepting XDMCP session via the network