[olug] fetchmail (works!)

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Apr 23 22:22:01 UTC 2003

> So the real source of the problem is postfix, but I don't mind using
> postfix for sending external mail only, and using procmail to deliver
> internal email.

Some people recommend doing this anyway.  The reasoning is that if you
have fetchmail push the mail it retrieved to your MTA (postfix in your
case), and the MTA can't accept the messages, your mail is then in limbo,
or potentially lost.

The way they recommended was fetchmail would retrieve the mail and use
procmail or maildrop (maildrop has similar functionality to procmail in
that it can filter your messages, but delivers them into maildirs) as your
MDA (the delivery agent).

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us