[olug] fetchmail (works!)

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Wed Apr 23 16:07:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:14:08AM -0500, Mike Hostetler wrote:
> It's been a long time since I've ran fetchmail, and have switched setups
> since, gotten Cox, etc.  When I try to get my mail via POP3,
> fetchmail sees the messages but times out getting the first one.

I have gotten it to work now . . . I perused some fetchmail tutorials and
noted that you can specify an MUA per account, and a lot of examples use
procmail.  Soo . . .I specified procmail as my MUA and -- whola! -- it
works!

So the real source of the problem is postfix, but I don't mind using
postfix for sending external mail only, and using procmail to deliver
internal email.