[olug] pico rpm

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Thu Apr 10 06:45:46 UTC 2003

At Wed, 09 Apr 03, Unidentified Flying Banana G.M., said:
> I just installed Mandrake 9.0 after using Mandrake 8.1.I like to use pico for
> simple editing but I must not have installed it during the initial
> installation and I can't find it on any of my CD's as a rpm.Is it called pico
> <rpm> or is it under another name?

As someone else mentioned, I'd strongly urge you to give nano a try.  It
was originally developed as a pico-clone, due to the overly-restrictive
license that Pine (pico is the included text editor for Pine) is
released under.

Since that time, however, nano has evolved into a much more feature-filled
editor, and it's development moves at a pace much faster than that of
pico.  Additionally, and most distributions have started including it as
part of the "standard" install, so there's a good chance it's already
installed!  ;-)