[olug] First time I ever liked a hacker

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Apr 7 15:56:21 UTC 2003

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:34:14 -0500
andrew <olug at einer.org> wrote:

|I agree that the debate surrounding DRM and TIA are concerning. However,
|I don't believe that the technology is 'bad.' Tech can't have a moral
|value. It's just tech. We can use tech for bad things or good things.
|Nuclear bomb vs. Nuclear power. Electric chair vs. Electric toaster.

Question Technology
http://www.cpsr.org - Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility

Yes, DRM could be good in some cases, but it's use being forced upon us
takes away a LOT of our freedoms and abilities in this world.  (Was it
posted here, or somewhere else -- some guy from the eff or some such
explaining what circumstances make DRM-type stuff bad?)  This could lead
to only "Treacherous Computers" instead of "Trusted Ones"...  =(