[olug] Red hat cert

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Tue Dec 17 04:48:27 UTC 2002

Whats the price/time committments for these two certifications?  Are the
testing fees included, whats the total cost?

I also heard the SAGE certs are quite relevant, from a system
administrator standpoint... are these more/less popular? standardized?
http://www.sagecert.org

I would also like to get some kind of GNU/Linux certification, but they do
cost $$ and time - which I'm usually short on both (except maybe over the
summer?)  I heard there's the Linux+ and Security+ now from comptia ...
though I'm not really in favor of them currently since they a big
proponent of the "software choice" compaign versus of the "sincere choice"
one.  Also I believe IBM is looking for certifications, LPI, Linux+ or
whatever.

I need something to make me look smart on my resume. =)

peace
Brian

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:53:32 -0600
"Brian Roberson" <roberson at olug.org> wrote:

|joke a poke.... as this is relatively on-topic, and definately would
benefit
|the linux community with these course offereings, BUT seeing how this
post's
|questioning is rooted and driven by profit making...... I must also post
the
|fact that the Aim Institute ( Where we hold our monthly meetings ) Offer
|"Linux Certified Administrator Classes"  I also know that they are a
|recognized SAIR organization.... Adam Haeder would have full details.
Oddly