[olug] Red hat cert

Jacobs, Robert A. RAJACOBS at northropgrumman.com
Mon Dec 16 22:23:34 UTC 2002

>The position being applied for also matters as to whether a cert is an
>asset.   We had CNE's and MCSE's applying for our help desk
>position and we
>pretty much unilaterally disqualified them because we don't
>want or need
>someone with that level of expertise manning our help desk.

Gosh, in this IT market its just gotta suck to be told you are "over
qualified"
for a position.  Lots of really great, experienced IT professionals out
there
who can't find work right now...makes me glad I'm working in a Defense
Contractor
position -- the pay is not as great as the commercial world but it IS
(thankfully)
stable.

rob