[olug] Exim / SpamAssassin / Cyrus

Jesse Regier jregier at cox.net
Sat Aug 10 22:32:14 UTC 2002

I don't know much about exim so I have a couple of questions.

Does this scan emails only for local delivery?

Can it be used in a gateway configuration where it sends all mail to
another server after being scanned?

I have been looking into setting up a spamfilter gateway that can be
placed in front of any mail server without making major changes.  It
looks like most Linux MTA's can use Spamassassin  but some are only
scanning when delivering to a local mailbox.

I want to end up with a gateway that just marks spam for later filtering
in the MUA and has a web interface to modify white/black lists etc.

Jesse