[olug] 486-33 chokes on cdrom

Mike McNally mmcnally3 at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 15 21:29:24 UTC 2001

On Sun 07 Jan 2001, David Walker wrote:

> try the cdrom by itself (jumpered as master). see if it hangs or tries to
> boot from a boot floppy

It hangs with a bios error, then I change the harddrive bios line to
uninstalled and then it boots from floppy and the cdrom works fine.

I can boot the harddrive off of either cable plug, so the cable is ok.
But if I jmpr the hd for mstr and the cdrom for slave (that's right
isn't it?) it just hangs.  I have no other explanation than that the
ide controller is unable to deal with 2 devices.

Mike McNally		mmcnally3 at prodigy.net