[olug] RedHat 7.0 available

Jon Keene jkeene at cse.unl.edu
Wed Sep 27 01:18:00 UTC 2000

> > I installed NcFTPd for the FTP server since the creator was from UN-L.
> > I know it may not be the best reason but it's better than nothing.
>
> Don't usually see much from that one...

I don't know anything about the server, but the ncftp client is
a nice program.  You can use just like plain vanilla ftp, but it
also has several additional features, like (from its homepage):

"progress meters, filename completion, command-line editing, background
processing, auto-resume downloads, bookmarking, cached directory listings,
host redialing, working with firewalls and proxies, downloading entire
directory trees, etc., etc. "

Jon