[olug] ident

mesc mescie at home.com
Sat Oct 21 19:19:47 UTC 2000

Yes there is a difference when I do  nslookup,here's my server.........Server:
proxy1.omhaw1.ne.home.com
and the output from hostname -v .........gethostname()=`omhan1.ne.home.com'
......their different in that the server reads omhaw1 and the name reads omhan1
with the difference being one has a w and one has an n,that must be enough to
confuse the ......irc and ftp servers?........I put a question mark there because
I'm unsure if I  mentioned the right servers.So is there a way to get the server
name and name name to  read the same for irc and ftp purposes?

                Thanks again,Gary Martin