[olug] ident

mesc mescie at home.com
Mon Oct 23 21:23:53 UTC 2000

I think I may be getting closer to getting ident working on my box by
following the directions from dby's friend's page.I have in.identd
listening now and it wasn't last week.But in my daemon.log I get  line
after line like this...........Oct 22 14:12:45 cx974829-b last message
repeated 749 times following this  line in daemon.log...Oct 22 13:59:01
cx974829-b modprobe: can't locate module binfmt-0000...needless to say
those error messages after error messages really eat up my resources.Now is
that binfmt-0000 module needed by identd,?could that be why it's not
working yet?I looked in /lib/modules/<kernel version>/fs and  it had the
binfmt_aout.o....binfmt_java.o and binfmt_misc.o modules but no binfmt-0000
module.I'll work on trying to locate this module after I find out  if I
need it or not for ident.

            Thank you,Gary Martin