[olug] debian/ipfwadm problem; was: can't ping winbox

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Mon Jul 31 03:57:17 UTC 2000

> Should I have a line in init.d/network like this?
> 	GATEWAY = 192.168.1.1
>
> linuxbox dialup networked to winbox with linuxbox= the above ip#

No.

That's for the Linux system's default gateway, which is set by the ppp
dialing stuff when you dial in.

The only reason why you would have a GATEWAY= line on an older Debian
install is if the Linux box has (as far as it's concerned) a dedicated
connection (via ethernet or whatever) to the internet.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein