[OLUG] trade of RAM memories (fwd)

Mark Hagler hagler at th.in.gs
Fri Dec 17 21:19:13 UTC 1999

The floppy drive in a Sparcstation LX isn't a SCSI device.  I don't know
what Sun calls the kind of connector that the floppy connects to, but there
is a place on the motherboard to connect it.  The floppy drives for these
boxes are pretty old, and I don't know how easy it is to find one.

The memory from your Ultra 1 will be DIMM modules, but the value of them
is quite dependent on the capacity of the DIMM's.  Can you find this out
somehow?

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 02:20:44PM -0600, Rado Bonk wrote:

> Subject: trade of RAM memories
>
> Hello,
> Sorry if this is out of purpose of this list.
> I have two aditional RAM memories. (from ULTRA1 which is out of order) I
> don't know what kind of memories are they or how much MB they have. Since
> all my memory slots are full I would like to trade them for a SCSI floppy
> drive for my SPARCstation LX. Maybe both of RAMs are worth for a floppy,
> maybe one I am not shure. If anybody is interesting please contact me. I
> am sending the "ram.jpg" of them.
>
> 	-Rado
>
> PS:If they are worth for more I would appreciate bootable CDs of newest
> DEBIAN for SPARC;)

  Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some
  settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.