[OLUG] nfs errors

Tim Russell russell at probe.net
Wed Dec 8 16:08:36 UTC 1999

Not necessarily - I think that the network stats (if you're talking about
what shows up in ifconfig) are only once the transport layer has actually
gotten to the card - in this case, the kernel is the one futzing with it
(hence the dmesg errors) and it's not getting up that far to show up in the
counters.

I'm not sure exactly why your Intel card would show errors like this -
they're good cards.  Still, as I said, you have two options - spend a bunch
of time screwing with it and hopefully get it working right, or swap it out
for about $50 tops and be done with it.  Me, being lazy, I'd go for the
latter option, but if you're a "stick to it" kinda guy, feel free to choose
the former.  :-)

Tim