[OLUG] nfs errors

Patrick Swartz pswartz at digitalrom.com
Wed Dec 8 16:28:25 UTC 1999

Sounds good, we will certantly put in a new card as soon as I can bring down
the server.  This is our busiest time of the month and not a good time to
tell the production staff I need to shutdown the server.  I am also going to
look at the 3com switch this box is attached to.

Do the following errors also have to do with the ethernet card?

svc: bad direction 1, dropping request

EXT2-fs warning (device sd(8,17)): ext2_free_inode: bit already cleared for
inode 53772289
find_fh_dentry: 08:11/53788673 dir/53772289 not found!

These are happening constantly, and I can't find any good docs to tell me
what to look for.

Thanks again for your help!!

Patrick