[olug] Intel vPro version analyzer that runs on Linux? SCSDiscovery.py?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:51:07 CDT 2017

​
​or those that want some direct links:
​

Intel patches remote hijacking vulnerability that lurked in chips for 7
years
<https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/intel-patches-remote-code-execution-bug-that-lurked-in-cpus-for-10-years/>
https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/intel-patches-remote-code-execution-bug-that-lurked-in-cpus-for-10-years/

​
Intel Active Management Technology, Intel Small Business Technology, and
Intel Standard Manageability Escalation of Privilege
<https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00075&languageid=en-fr>
Intel ID:
<https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00075&languageid=en-fr>
INTEL-SA-00075
<https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00075&languageid=en-fr>

Intel Active Management Technology, Intel Small Business Technology, and
Intel Standard Manageability Escalation of Privilege
Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00075
Product family: Intel® Active Management Technology, Intel® Small Business
Technology, and Intel® Standard Manageability
Impact of vulnerability: Elevation of Privilege
Severity rating: Critical
Original release: May 01, 2017
Last revised: May 01, 2017
There is an escalation of privilege vulnerability in Intel® Active
Management Technology (AMT), Intel® Standard Manageability (ISM), and
Intel® Small Business Technology versions firmware versions 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
9.x, 10.x, 11.0, 11.5, and 11.6 that can allow an unprivileged attacker to
gain control of the manageability features provided by these products.
This vulnerability does not exist on Intel-based consumer PCs.
​
https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00075&languageid=en-fr
​
​