[olug] Kansas Linux Fest 2017 Announcement

Joel B joel at kansaslinuxfest.org
Sun Mar 12 15:26:34 CDT 2017

Hello,
I know that Omaha is a few hours away from Wichita, KS, but I want to
share our announcement of our upcoming Kansas Linux Fest 2017 in the event
that some of you would be interested in attending.

Thanks for your consideration,
Joel

---
Kansas Linux Fest 2017 planning is underway. Details are still being
finalized and our call for speakers is still open. If you (or someone you
know) is interested in giving a talk/presentation at KLF 2017 please visit
http://kansaslinuxfest.org/speakers/ to sign up!

Talks are not limited to Linux so check our website for possible topic ideas.

KLF 2017 will be held in Wichita, KS at Wichita State University on May
12-14th, 2017. Friday evening we plan to have a soft opening with a Movie
Night. Saturday will be an all-day event and will kick off with a Keynote
followed by several breakout sessions. Saturday night is open, but many
attendees will get together for informal after-hours meet-up at local
restaurants. Sunday will be a half-day, ending before lunch with a round
of Lightning Talks. Expected speaker slots are approx. 45min.

Attendee registration for KLF 2017 is also open. If you are not interested
in being a speaker, but would love to attend, then please visit
http://kansaslinuxfest.org/registration/ to register for a great weekend
all about Linux and FOSS!

There is no admission fee to attend, but we need help raising funds to pay
for all the costs of the event. Please visit http://kansaslinuxfest.org to
donate to the upcoming and future Kansas Linux Fests.

Thank You,
Kansas Linux Fest 2017 Committee