[olug] OT: point of control for mobile devices?

Anthony Kava anthony.kava at pottcounty-ia.gov
Tue Mar 7 15:59:14 CST 2017

I'm a government drone, so I can't provide a private sector example, but here's our story for what it's worth:

* IT was the central point for all things mobile phone for a few years
* We didn't like being the middle-man between the user and carrier
* Now, each department head works with the carrier directly
* Life in IT is better (as good as it gets, eh?)
* IT handles connectivity to our systems, of course
* We are an Asterisk shop
* We have some remote IAX or SIP, mostly just IT personnel
* We have some extensions that forward to cell phone numbers from Asterisk
* We had the carrier disable voice mail on those mobile phones so we could handle that

Cheers,

--
Anthony Kava, CISSP, CISM, CEH, ACE
  IT Supervisor / Information Security Officer

  "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first invent the universe."
                                -- Carl Sagan, Cosmos