[olug] OT: point of control for mobile devices?

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:09:16 CST 2017

Craig,
We initially had the mobile device group managed by the network group,
because of the complexities of the management platform (Mobile Iron).
Eventually we trained our lead desktop support person on the management
software, and made her the vendor contact.   That allowed us to have a
single point to provision and support an employee with their laptop, iPad,
and mobile phone.   The down side?   She transferred to IT security and get
we to start the process over again.

Cheers!

DT

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Craig Wolf <wolfout101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Question for you IT folks out there...who is the point of control for your
> mobile devices:
> Smart Phones, Feature Phones, and Tablets?
> Who is the primary contact with the wireless vendor?
> Who is responsible for getting them repaired/replaced when broken?
>
> Trying to help someone out here, as well as for my own knowledge.  I know
> how it works at my day job but that is because I just took it over from
> someone who was not capable of doing the job.
>
> Thank you in advance!!
>

> Craig Wolf
> (402)990-3010
>
> Strengths: Activator, Relator, Adaptability, Learner, Achiever

Dave Thacker
Omaha Mini Maker Faire Production Team
SysAdmin, DBA, Postmaster, Maker, Odd Jobs