[olug] who's using what for milters?

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Sun Feb 12 18:06:44 CST 2017

Update: I have built a better milter using clamsmtp and spampd.  Unlike
my clunky old milter, it uses utilities that are all kept in the Fedora
repository, and it properly utilizes Postfix's master.cf settings to
bounce emails from one service to another.

I've got clamsmtp set up to do Clam AV by accepting an email on port
10025 and spitting out the modified email on port 10026. Then the email
is sent to SpamPD on port 10027 and the modified email is kicked out on
port 10028.  Then Postfix delivers it.  In theory, I could chain more
utilities in the middle, for example I'm tempted to add a thing that
ditches emails that are so incredibly spammy there is no hazard in
deleting them, and before you ask, yes there is such a thing.