[olug] Also touching on apache configs

Jay Bendon jaybocc2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:22:22 CDT 2016

Regular pen/vulnerability testing, up-to-date software.  Disable broken
ciphersuites for SSL.

If you're getting compromised or defaced by a script kiddie it most likely
means you're exposing a known vulnerability to the internet.

There is no real easy answer to keeping web applications secure.

A good step is to monitor all the software you deploy for CVE's and roll
out updates when necessary.

--Jay