[olug] Cyber Defense Competition @ IWCC

Jared Bernard jared.bernard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:48:45 CDT 2016

I'm an instructor at Iowa Western and we are preparing for our annual cyber
defense competition. We are looking for suggestions of applications,
configurations or scenarios that are exploitable which our students will
have to secure and harden in the competition. In the past we've had older
versions of Debian running an outdated version of Apache, php, vsftp,
poorly developed webpage, some type of outdated wiki, unnecessary services
with default configs, CMS or custom scripts.

Any other suggestions or modifications of what we tried in the past?

Also, If anyone is interested, we have some openings on the red team to
anyone who might be interested in hacking and taking advantage the exploits
on our student's network. Competition is April 29, free meal, snacks and
beverages. Should be lots of fun.

Thanks,
Jared Bernard