[olug] apt-get performance issue

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Sat Mar 26 16:10:25 CDT 2016

The download has never been slow, it's a matter of reading the package
lists once the files are downloaded. Not sure WHAT the package lists
look like or if they require/cause network access during the process,
just know that what takes 3-4 seconds on an i7 3.x Ghz 8G RAM takes 10+
minutes running on a Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz w/ 16G RAM.

IPv4 only, IPv6 disabled on the network.