[olug] Meeting location opportunity

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Mon Jan 18 12:16:24 CST 2016

Along that same line, the new "Do Space" at 72nd & Dodge (the old Border's
bookstore building) has some conference and meeting rooms that are
available free of charge for community type events.  They can be reserved
in advance.

The basic details are below, with additional information on their website (
http://www.dospace.org/meeting-rooms).

*ROOM DETAILS*

   - SMALL CONFERENCE ROOM
   - Seats up to 8
      - 70” Sharp Aquos Board, Cisco Video Conferencing, and Dell Optiplex
      PC
   - LARGE CONFERENCE ROOM
   - Seats up to 12
      - 80” Sharp Aquos Board and Cisco Video Conferencing, and Dell
      Optiplex PC
   - MEETING ROOMS 1 AND 2
   - Our meeting room can be reserved as one large room or two smaller
      rooms.
      - Individually, each room seats about 12 people at 5 tables, or 25
      chairs without tables
      - Combined, the full room seats about 20 people at 10 tables, or 48
      chairs without tables
      - Two high-resolution projectors

*ROOM RESERVATIONS*

Meeting and Conference Rooms may be reserved for community use free of
charge. This includes meetings which are:

   - Free and open to the public
   - Civic, cultural, or educational in nature, to benefit nonprofits and
   community groups
   - Accessing fees from attendees, or the sale of goods or services, is
   not allowed

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Joseph Gulizia <joseph.gulizia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was at the Council Bluffs Public Library yesterday and found out that
> they are offering FREE computer classes (Wednesday nights) and that they
> have a MakerSpace now.  They have offered their MakerSpace to us for
> meetings (first-come, first served...whatever 2 groups or so claim) if we
> desire.
>
> Just an opportunity that I would mention to the list.
>
> The tech there, Creighton, uses Linux Mint among other OS'es.
>
> (Same post on the Omaha Python list)
>
> If you are in any other Tech Group...the same offer may apply.
>
> Joe G.

Christopher