[olug] anyone having trouble with recent Linuxes on 32-bit servers?

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Sat Dec 24 17:17:33 CST 2016

ionice and nice take different parameters, so I remain superstitious
about their interchangeabilitude.  Superstitious but not skeptical: I
know you're probably absolutely right, but doing things my dopey way
seems to be working out all right and right about now I would rather not
make waves.

Nevertheless I am in the final stages of upgrading all my old old
machines to new 64-bit machines, so hopefully the problem no longer
exists.  And the fine new equipment I'm using?  These guys:

http://www.bjs.com/asus-m32bf-desktop--amd--a8--4gb-memory--1tb-hard-drive.product.3000000000000636086

Even a cheapie $280 server is going to be able to handle the tasks that
my decade-old beasts had to.  I've gotten a few of these ASUSes and I'm
pretty happy with them thus far.

Anyway, merry whatever to people, stay warm and enjoy the holidays.