[olug] Netgear GS724T

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Fri Aug 5 09:55:51 CDT 2016

Somewhere is my model is a “P" because it has PoE. That is the main reason I bought it at the time.  I use it only to do a little VLANing for phones and IP cameras.  I bought the 48 because when I got it, it was on sale for about $50 more then the 24.  Now it is a secondary to my Ubiquity UniFi US-48-500W which is in my Comm Rack in the Garage Server Room.  As I rewire the house I am phasing it out to move everything over to the UniFi as the management is much better and the single pain-of-glass interface to the router / switch / AP(s) is very nice.  The other thing with the UniFi stuff is if you want to do something more detailed / advanced you can SSH in and use the command line to config it and then export that to a config file for later re-provisioning.