[olug] Fiber question for you guys

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Fri Apr 29 09:33:43 CDT 2016

I currently have Cox fiber installed here at my location, It is a fiber
drop with LC-LC connections, on single mode fiber. I purchased a couple
cables down in Bellevue to extend the run from about 10 feet to 25. The
existing thin, junk cable connects just fine, but both of my new cables do
nothing when plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas? I terminate fiber to a
cisco switch with a SMF dongle.

These cables are much nicer and heavier, but I cannot get a link light with
them.

--

[image: Hotlines Inc] <http://www.partshotlines.com>

Justin Reiners / System Administrator
800.308.9712/ justin at hotlinesinc.com <Justin at HotlinesInc.com>

Hotlines Inc Office: 800.807.2867 / Fax: 800.211.0843
427 E. Kanesville Blvd. Suite 403, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
http://www.partshotlines.com