[olug] Linux networking weirdness

Matthew G. Marsh olug4mgm at paktronix.com
Mon Oct 26 11:58:11 CDT 2015

If you connect your laptop again & do a TCPdump do you see the ARP answers
from the ISP gateway?

Then if you put your Servers MAC address on your laptop do you still see
the ARP answers?

If so maybe look and see what is different between the ARP packets. You
can also try hard coding the ISP MAC into your ARP table on the firewall
to force the sending. Just use the MAC address given to your laptop.

That is what I saw when reading through.

HTH

mgm

Matthew G. Marsh
Special Email Addr for OLUG ;-}