[olug] Poweredge 2800 looking for a home

Adam Haeder adam at adamhaeder.com
Sun May 24 16:37:59 CDT 2015

I have a Dell Poweredge 2800 that's looking for a home.

2G ECC DDR2 RAM
2 Xeon 3GHz CPUs
Integrated Raid
Supports up to 8 scsi drives (hot swappable). Currently has 0 hard drives.
Floppy drive and IDE cdrom drive
Dual power supplies
Dual integrated gigabit ethernet
Also has 2 Intel PCI 100 mbit cards installed

http://projects.nuschkys.net/2011/12/19/converting-a-poweredge-scsi-backplane-to-support-sata/
is how to convert the backplane to take SATA disks instead of SCSI.

It's surprisingly quiet for such a monster of a machine. I though it would
sound more like an aircraft carrier. It sure is heavy though. I just
plugged it in and it booted right up.

Somebody make me an offer.

--
Adam Haeder
adam at adamhaeder.com

Check out my latest book: LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell from
O'Reilly: http://bit.ly/bvQQ0I