[olug] MAME project for a school.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu May 21 10:36:40 CDT 2015

A teacher at my wifes school is gathering equipment to build a MAME system
for the students game room.  I thought I'd ask here since I know a lot of
you have built them in the past.

>From my research into this a few years ago there were some DVD-bootable
Linux distributions that went straight into MAME, plus had the option to
install that image to the local HDD for better boot and load performance.
Plus if some student got into it, it would be easy to blow away and rebuild.

If we went with a low-maintenance (i.e. easy to restore/rebuild) MAME
distribution, which would you suggest?

Thanks!
Dan

--