[olug] Slow-motion camera program with on-screen timer?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Mar 5 09:40:16 CST 2015

Brainstorming for ideas here - I'm open to nearly any platform option
(Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, OSX)...

I'm working with some middle-school students and we need to estimate the
speed of a tennis ball as it is launched from a sling-shot sort of device,
plus they need to know how long it is in-flight (launch to impact).  Having
an on-screen timer synchronized with the video is a must.  We've tried
putting a stopwatch in the frame, but we found out most LCD screens don't
refresh at 1/100'th a second. :)

I've seen other schools using apps on iPads/iPhones that take high-speed
videos and provide a stopwatch overlaid with the video to facilitate the
math.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive program that does this?

Thanks!

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"