[olug] ​Peppermint: Desktop Linux for the cloud generation | ZDNet

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Tue Jun 9 00:20:13 CDT 2015

I know I have said this before, but…

What I think Microsoft should have done with Windows 8 is to have left the Metro start screen off of the desktop interface and made it so that interface was presented when RDP’d to from an iPad/iPhone/Android device.

The presentation should be separate and geared to the device.  ….like mobile CSS ….but not suck.

Plex, Chromecast and Roku are good examples of having a phone interface for server.

I’ve used X forwarding/nomachine/TS RemoteApp/Citrix on desktops clients  ….meh.

…….a webservice with an interface designed for the device would be better.

This could make your mobile device less like a Swiss Army knife and more like a proper tool for the job.