[olug] ​Peppermint: Desktop Linux for the cloud generation | ZDNet

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Mon Jun 8 19:28:39 CDT 2015

Interesting.  I will load it up and try it out.

What I would like to see more of is ways that you could utilize the power of your own desktops and servers as your own cloud resource.  I would like my phone and tablet to be a client of my home computers.

I want the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage of a device on mains power and have a small easily portable low power device for human interface.

It would be awesome if the next generation of desktop apps had built in web app servers to do this.
 ......Instead of pushing everyone to cloud subscription services.