[olug] FreeNAS or Linux ZFS SAN with NVMe PCIe3 drives

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Thu Jan 1 00:54:18 CST 2015

I am and have been running FreeNAS for backup of my production servers for the past 4 years on PE2950s and it has worked very well.  I just have not used it in production for shared storage for my Xenservers VM drives in production.  I was mainly concerned about data access latency and if accessing basically a RAM drive over 10GbE through all the layers of abstraction would be an acceptable alternative to a local hardware RAID array.