[olug] Net neutrality wins! (for now, anyway)

Tim Larson larson at towncommons.com
Fri Feb 27 10:33:50 CST 2015

On 2/27/2015 1:30 AM, Aric Aasgaard wrote:
> I think this is most likely a very terrible thing.
>   https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-14-61A1.pdf
>
> I mostly agree with the dissenting statements of commissioners Ajit Pai
> (page 93-97) and Michael O'Rielly (page 98-99).

Ajit Pai's very first paragraph nails it, IMHO. I don't see how the
Executive branch can just give itself power to regulate this. If the
internet needs regulation, it should be Congress that decides that. At
least we (theoretically) have some say in who they are. This aspect
alone is a very worrisome precedent.

I would love to be proven wrong, maybe Title II for internet will be the
greatest thing since sliced bread. But I doubt it.

Tim

--
🖖,
🙇✝