[olug] Net neutrality wins! (for now, anyway)

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:44:08 CST 2015

Ajit Pai says the internet should be free and open, and yet he supports
companies like Verizon who want to block and throttle sites. He used to
work for Verizon and still takes money from them. He also claims that
Wheeler wanted to fully regulate ISPs like utilities when Wheeler proposed
a fairly light version of Title II status, removing a lot of the regulatory
cruft and granting ISPs more freedom on how they handle pricing for example.

It is hard to trust someone bought off by an ISP who isn't being honest and
upfront about his agenda, especially when he is intentionally
misrepresenting what Wheeler proposed.

He was pushing for paid prioritization, which is a misnomer. People call
this prioritization and fast-lanes, which is just fucking lies. It is the
opposite. It is creating intentional throttling and slow lanes unless
companies pay up when they are extorted. With net neutrality, all traffic
is fast.

Pai was bought and paid for and he didn't care if consumers suffered.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:30 AM, Aric Aasgaard <aric at omahax.com> wrote:

> I think this is most likely a very terrible thing.
>  https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-14-61A1.pdf
>
> I mostly agree with the dissenting statements of commissioners Ajit Pai
> (page 93-97) and Michael O'Rielly (page 98-99).

"I'm questioning my education
Rewind and what does it show?
Could be, the truth it becomes you
I'm a seed, wondering why it grows"