[olug] Linux gamers?

unfy olug at unfy.org
Fri Feb 20 16:37:45 CST 2015

DX12 / Mantle / next OGL ?

Just part of the typical cycle.

"Custom hardware drivers for really fast stuff"

"A light abstraction layer to make setup easier"

"Bloat"

"Lots of bloat to approach kitchen sink ... while we improve the
hardware to handle bloat and do standard push for performance"

"Kitchen sink achieved"

"ZOMG! If we skip all this cruft and go bare metal we get all this
performance!"

-unfy